Socket Preservation UR4, UR5 Case Study
33 year old patient, male
Failed RCT’s UR4 and UR5, endodontist felt re-treatment would not be predictable, referred for implants.
Case performed by Dr Jonathan Cochrane, UK
- Flap raised on buccal aspect, defect clearly visible.
- UR4 and UR5 removed whole with forceps and luxating elevator. Sockets thoroughly degranulated.
- 1 x 0.5cc and 1 x 1.0cc of EthOss® placed into sockets. Dry gauze held over material for 3 minutes until it starts to harden.
- Sinoss collagen fleece sutured over each extraction socket with 3-0 vicryl absorbable sutures.
- Site uncovered 10 weeks later, adequate new bone formation to allow implant placement.
- 2 x Astra Tech EV implants placed with healing abutments.
- Flap closed over with Vicryl Rapide 4-0 sutures (resorbable).
- Healed site at 10 weeks.
- ISQ measured with PenguinRFA meter: UR4 implant = 81 and UR5 implant = 82. High stability showing good osseointegration.
- 4 weeks later – definitive implant crowns with patient-specific “Atlantis” abutments placed.
- Final result.
- Initial situation.
- Following extraction and simultaneous grafting with EthOss®
- 10 weeks later, osteotomy sites prepared to 6mm depth and check with depth gauge.
- Impants placed.
- Final result, implants loaded 14 weeks following placement.