Socket Graft Case With Biopsy
- Extraction site infected and lost buccal plate.
N.B. It is preferrable to extract the tooth and
leave the site for 3 weeks for soft tissue
healing prior to grafting.
- Grafted with EthOss® note buccal tissue
shortage. Covered with fleece, cross-sutured
with Vicryl 4.0.
- 10 weeks later, restored hard and soft tissue,
note no Bucco-lingual volume loss.
- Core sample taken for analysis.
- Implant placed 4.5 mm note good bone at 10
- Osstell type 47 placed.
- ISQ reading of 69 at 10 weeks, implant only
in grafted site bone. ISQ reading of 77 at 3
months, a sign of strong osseo-integration.
- Final result.
- Infected tooth.
- Extraction site showing bone loss.
- 10 weeks showing new bone level.
- Implant placed into the site.
Photomicrograph of Biopsy at 10 weeks showing significant amount of new bone growth surrounding EthOss® particles.