Immediate Implant Case Study
Patient: 68 year old, good general health.
Tooth: 14 slightly increased mobility, tenderness and bite pain.
Suspected root fracture.
- Bone defect with fenestration after extraction.
- Complete removal of granulation tissue with EthOss® Degranulation Burs.
- Implant with mount, bone defect visible.
- Bone defect filled (and modelled) with EthOss®.
- Closure with single sutures.
- Soft tissue healing 16 weeks following graft procedure.
- Final result at 16 weeks.
- Initial x-ray – tooth 14 periapical lesion.
- X-ray immediately after extraction with reference ball.
- X-ray at implant placement.
- X-ray after 16 weeks showing stable bone.
Case from Dr med. Dr. med dent. Oliver Lys, Switzerland.